SubjectRe: Request for folios
On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 07:11:01PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Also, is it possible to get the folios patchset in a stable public git branch
> > that I can base my patches upon?
>
> I guess Willy's tree, but I doubt if the folio patches will be reliably
> stable for some time (a few weeks?)

So, how about I put the 89 patches which I want to merge this merge
window into a git branch which Dave can develop against? Andrew can
pull that branch into mmotm when it's sufficiently settled for his taste.

In order for that to look good in Linus' tree, either Dave can send a
pull request which includes all of the folio patches, or I can send a
pull request early in the merge window (or even before the merge window
opens) which includes those 89 patches.

That would mean the patches wouldn't have Andrew's sign-off on them, but I
could add a R-b from Andrew to all of them if that's the right way to go.

  Last update: 2021-07-15 21:59    [W:0.054 / U:0.548 seconds]