SubjectRe: [syzbot] WARNING in do_proc_control/usb_submit_urb
On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 06:24:43PM +0200, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 at 18:14, Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:

> > > It looks like the second patch you submitted was hand-edited and still
> > > quoted.
> > >
> > > And looking at the dashboard it seems like no patch was applied for your
> > > second test attempt:
> > >
> > > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=72af3105289dcb4c055b
> >
> > Yes, that explains it. Funny how easy it is to miss those "> "
> > markings -- you just get too used to them.
> >
> > > I've been bitten by something like this before when erroneously thinking
> > > that a test command could be submitted as a reply to a patch.
> > >
> > > Perhaps the report mail could include the patch tested or something so
> > > we don't spend time investigating syzbot interface failures.
> >
> > Good idea.
>
> The email always include the patch tested (as syzbot parsed it), see
> e.g. earlier reply in this thread:
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/00000000000074f06705c6ccd2a4@google.com/

The email doesn't include the patch; it includes a _link_ to the patch.

And the email does not contain any indication when no patch was parsed,
other than the missing "patch:" link -- which is not particularly
obvious if you aren't looking for it specifically:

https://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=162602190812912&w=2

> > Anyway, here's the patch again, this time properly formatted. Hopefully
> > now it will work.
>
> syzbot parsed this patch successfully:
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=72af3105289dcb4c055b

Yes, and it worked. Time to submit it.

Alan Stern

  Last update: 2021-07-12 20:49    [W:0.122 / U:0.320 seconds]