SubjectRe: [RFC 2/3] net: Provide switchdev driver for NXP's More Than IP L2 switch
On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 04:13:14PM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:

> > I cannot stress enough how important it is for us to see STP support
> > and consequently the ndo_start_xmit procedure for switch ports.
>
> Ok.
>
> > Let me see if I understand correctly. When the switch is enabled, eth0
> > sends packets towards both physical switch ports, and eth1 sends
> > packets towards none, but eth0 handles the link state of switch port
> > 0, and eth1 handles the link state of switch port 1?
>
> Exactly, this is how FEC driver is utilized for this switch.

This is a much bigger problem than anything which has to do with code
organization. Linux does not have any sort of support for unmanaged
switches. Please try to find out if your switch is supposed to be able
to be managed (run control protocols on the CPU). If not, well, I don't
know what to suggest.

  Last update: 2021-06-28 16:39    [W:0.073 / U:0.608 seconds]