SubjectRe: dma_declare_coherent_memory and SuperH
Hi Geert,

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 at 17:57, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> > There is an unmerged patch set by Yoshinori Sato that adds device tree support for SH.
>
> But it does not include support for SH7724 yet, only for SH775[01]
> (note to myself: still have to try it on my landisk).

I have some landisks. Is there a sane u-boot for them? I think mine
still have the hacked up lilo thing.

> Fortunately most core devices on SH7724 and Ecovec should already
> have DT support in their drivers. The main missing pieces are
> interrupt and clock support.

This sounds like a fun project. I'm not sure if I could manage it
without the Hitachi/Renesas debugging dongle though.

Anyhow, it would be a shame to remove the ecovec just because it
doesn't have DT as it pretty much fully works with a few small patches
to fix some bit rot like ethernet and the LCD not working.
I sent a patch a few years ago for the ethernet and never got a response. :(

Cheers,

Daniel

  Last update: 2021-06-28 11:30    [W:2.897 / U:0.084 seconds]