SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] ucounts: Count rlimits in each user namespace
On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 3:35 PM Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xmission.com> wrote:

> This is the work mainly by Alexey Gladkov to limit rlimits to the
> rlimits of the user that created a user namespace, and to allow users to
> have stricter limits on the resources created within a user namespace.

I guess all the performance issues got sorted, since I haven't seen
any reports from the test robots.

I do end up with two questions, mainly because of looking at the
result of the conflict resolution.

In particular, in __sigqueue_alloc(), two oddities..

Why the "sigpending < LONG_MAX" test in that

if (override_rlimit || (sigpending < LONG_MAX && sigpending <=
task_rlimit(t, RLIMIT_SIGPENDING))) {

thing?

And why test for "ucounts" being non-NULL in

if (ucounts && dec_rlimit_ucounts(ucounts,
UCOUNT_RLIMIT_SIGPENDING, 1))
put_ucounts(ucounts);

when afaik both of those should be happy with a NULL 'ucounts' pointer
(if it was NULL, we certainly already used it for the reverse
operations for get_ucounts() and inc_rlimit_ucounts()..)

Hmm?

And somebody should verify that I didn't screw anything up in my merge
resolution. It all looked very straightforward, but mistakes happen..

Linus

  Last update: 2021-06-29 05:47    [W:0.101 / U:1.660 seconds]