SubjectRE: Plan for /dev/ioasid RFC v2
Date

Right. PASID is managed by specific device driver in this RFC and provided
as routing information to iommu_fd when the device is attached to an
IOASID. Another point is about PASID virtualization (vPASID->pPASID),
which is established by having the user to register its vPASID when doing
the attach call. vfio device driver needs to use this information in the
mediation path. In concept vPASID is not relevant to iommu_fd which only
cares about pPASID. Having vPASID registered via iommu_fd uAPI and
then indirectly communicated to vfio device driver looks not a clean
way in the first place.

Thanks
Kevin

  Last update: 2021-06-29 02:27    [W:0.303 / U:0.316 seconds]