SubjectRe: [Patch v2 2/3] Drivers: hv: add Azure Blob driver
On 26.06.21 08:30, longli@linuxonhyperv.com wrote:

Hi,

> From: Long Li <longli@microsoft.com>
>
> Azure Blob storage provides scalable and durable data storage for Azure.
> (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/storage/blobs/)

It's a bit hard to quickly find out the exact semantics of that (w/o
fully reading the library code ...). :(

> This driver adds support for accelerated access to Azure Blob storage. As an
> alternative to REST APIs, it provides a fast data path that uses host native
> network stack and secure direct data link for storage server access.

I don't think that yet another misc device with some very specific API
is a good thing. We should have a more generic userland interface.

Maybe a file system ?

OTOH, I've been considering adding other kind of blob stores (eg. venti
and similar things) and inventing an own subsys for that, so we'd have
some more universal interface. Unfortunately always been busy with other
things.

Maybe we should go that route instead of introducing yet another device
specific uapi.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert

  Last update: 2021-06-28 19:13    [W:0.191 / U:0.156 seconds]