SubjectRe: [RFC 00/11] Intro to Hardware timestamping engine
On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 2:48 AM Dipen Patel <dipenp@nvidia.com> wrote:

> This patch series introduces new subsystem called hardware timestamping
> engine (HTE). It offers functionality such as timestamping through hardware
> means in realtime. The HTE subsystem centralizes HTE provider and consumers
> where providers can register themselves with subsystem and the consumers can
> request interested entity which could be lines, GPIO, signals or buses. The
> HTE subsystem provides timestamp in nano seconds, having said that the provider
> need to convert the timestamp if its not in that unit. There was upstream
> discussion about the same at
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/4c46726d-fa35-1a95-4295-bca37c8b6fe3@nvidia.com/
>
> To summarize upstream discussion:
> - It was heavily favoured by Linus and Kent to extend GPIOLIB and supporting
> GPIO drivers to add HTE functionality and I agreed to experiment with it.

I guess this series should include more people from different
companies, especially documentation parts. This may be used by
different hardware and quite different vendors. Developing a framework
like this for only one vendor is no go in general.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

  Last update: 2021-06-27 15:09    [W:0.438 / U:0.152 seconds]