SubjectRe: [RFC v2] MEDIA: Driver for ON Semi AR0521 camera sensor
Date
Hi Mauro,

Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@kernel.org> writes:

> Media maintainers need a SoB in order to be able to review, as
> driver review takes a lot of time and efforts from reviewers, and
> the time they spend reviewing a driver prevents them to do their
> (paid) work.

Then how do you propose we solve the problem?

For example, how about a declaration: that if somebody is working on
a driver (in this case) and has actually presented a (possibly not yet
mergeable) patch, then versions of this code from other people will not
be accepted at the same time instead. Please note that I don't mean
abandoned code, I mean a code which simply needs some work and thus
a bit of time.

Those other people can always apply their changes once the original code
is accepted, right? And the changes may get a chance to be examined :-)

Or is it too much?

> That's said, on a very quick check, it sounds that this driver requires
> some work. For instance, it is based on an v4l2_subdev_pad_config,
> which was recently replaced upstream.

Well, TBH drivers/media is a fast moving target... But it's something.
I will obviously update this when I'm back from vacation.

Thanks.
--
Krzysztof Hałasa

Sieć Badawcza Łukasiewicz
Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarów PIAP
Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warszawa

  Last update: 2021-06-24 15:52    [W:0.130 / U:0.844 seconds]