SubjectRe: [RFC 00/10] perf: Add build id parsing fault detection/fix
Hi Jiri,

Thanks for your work!

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 2:19 PM Jiri Olsa <jolsa@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 03:14:04PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> > Em Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 10:47:54AM -0700, Ian Rogers escreveu:

> right, that might be good to decide first.. because as I said,
> I never hit faulted build id, so it probably needs the special
> setup you guys are using.. could you try on your setup and check
> how many faulted build ids you see?

Did you check data mmaps? It might be easy to get faults
from data files and we don't know if it's an ELF or not
before reading the ELF header in the first page.

I'm not sure if we can limit it to exec mappings, there might
be data-only DSOs and we may want to symbolize them too.

Thanks,
Namhyung

  Last update: 2021-06-23 21:49    [W:0.107 / U:0.140 seconds]