SubjectRe: swiotlb/caamjr regression (Was: [GIT PULL] (swiotlb) stable/for-linus-5.12)
On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 04:48:24PM +0900, 'Dominique MARTINET' wrote:
> Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote on Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 09:16:43AM -0400:
> > The beaty of 'devel' and 'linux-next' is that they can be reshuffled and
> > mangled. I pushed them original patch from Bumyong there and will let
> > it sit for a day and then create a stable branch and give it to Linus.
>
> Thanks, that should be good.
>
> Do you want me to send a follow-up patch with the two extra checks
> (tlb_addr & (IO_TLB_SIZE -1)) > swiotlb_align_offset(dev, orig_addr)
> tlb_offset < alloc_size
>
> or are we certain this can't ever happen?

I would love more patches and I saw the previous one you posted.

But we only got two (or one) weeks before the next merge window opens
so I am sending to Linus the one that was tested with NVMe and crypto
(see above).

That is the
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/swiotlb.git/commit/?h=stable/for-linus-5.14

And then after Linus releases the 5.14 - I would love to take your
cleanup on top of that and test it?

> (I didn't see any hit in dmesg when I ran with these, but my opinion is
> better safe than sorry...)
>

> > Then I need to expand the test-regression bucket so that this does not
> > happen again. Dominique, how easy would it be to purchase one of those
> > devices?
>
> My company is making such a device, but it's not on the market yet
> (was planned for august, with some delay in approvisionning it'll
> probably be a bit late), and would mean buying from Japan so I'm not
> sure how convenient that would be...
>
> These are originally NXP devices so I assume Horia would have better
> suggestions, if you would?
>

> > I was originally thinking to create a crypto device in QEMU to simulate
> > this but that may take longer to write than just getting the real thing.
> >
> > Or I could create some fake devices with weird offsets and write a driver
> > for it to exercise this.. like this one I had done some time ago that
> > needs some brushing off.
>
> Just a fake device with fake offsets as a test is probably good enough,
> ideally would need to exerce both failures we've seen (offset in
> dma_sync_single_for_device like caam does and in the original mapping (I
> assume?) like the NVMe driver does), but that sounds possible :)

Yup. Working on that now.

> Thanks again!
> --
> Dominique

  Last update: 2021-06-22 23:58    [W:0.091 / U:0.464 seconds]