SubjectRe: device namespaces
On 11.06.21 20:14, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

Hi,

> I favor none of the virtual devices showing up in sysfs. Maybe existing
> userspace needs the devices in sysfs, but if the solution is simply to
> skip sysfs for virtual devices that is much simpler.

Sorry for being a little bit confused, but by virtual devices you mean
things like pty's or all the other stuff we already see under
/sys/device/virtual ?

I'm yet unsure what the better way is. If we're just talking about pty's
specifically, I maybe could live with threating them like "special sort
of pipes", but I guess that would require some extra magic.

If I'm not mistaken, the whole sysfs stuff is automatically handled
device classes and bus'es - seems that tty's are also class devs.

How would you skip the virtual devices from sysfs ? Adding some filter
into sysfs that looks at the device class (or some flag within it) ?

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert

  Last update: 2021-06-14 09:52    [W:0.056 / U:2.644 seconds]