    SubjectRe: [RFC net-next 0/8] Introducing subdev bus and devlink extension
    On Mon, 31 May 2021 18:36:12 +0800 moyufeng wrote:
    > Hi, Jiri & Jakub
    >
    > Generally, a devlink instance is created for each PF/VF. This
    > facilitates the query and configuration of the settings of each
    > function. But if some common objects, like the health status of
    > the entire ASIC, the data read by those instances will be duplicate.
    >
    > So I wonder do I just need to apply a public devlink instance for the
    > entire ASIC to avoid reading the same data? If so, then I can't set
    > parameters for each function individually. Or is there a better suggestion
    > to implement it?

    I don't think there is a great way to solve this today. In my mind
    devlink instances should be per ASIC, but I never had to solve this
    problem for a multi-function ASIC.

    Can you assume all functions are in the same control domain? Can they
    trust each other?

      Last update: 2021-06-01 07:38    [W:5.049 / U:0.032 seconds]