SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] ACPI fixes for v5.13-rc2
On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 9:27 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 12:06 PM Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > These revert an unnecessary revert of an ACPI power management
> > commit
>
> I think it would be kind of nice to see more of an explanation than
> "was not necessary".
>
> The original report of problems was apparently wrong - but it would
> maybe have been good to just mention how that all went down..

In fact this was my mistake, sadly.

There is a pair of closely related commits and the report was against
the other one, but I reverted the one that I thought was more likely
to be problematic. Then I realized that it couldn't be the source of
the problem, given the symptoms and the fact that reverting the other
commit alone helped.

So this one is back, but the reported issue still needs to be
addressed, most likely by quirking some systems with bugs in the ACPI
tables.

Cheers,
Rafael

  Last update: 2021-05-14 12:07    [W:0.040 / U:0.068 seconds]