SubjectRe: [RFC] scripts: kernel-doc: avoid warnings due to initial commented lines in file
Date
Lukas Bulwahn <lukas.bulwahn@gmail.com> writes:

> I wonder if we could extend kernel-doc (not your preferred option as
> it seems) for a new dedicated warning message or maintain a separate
> kernel-doc sanity checking script to emit a dedicated warning based on
> some heuristics that suggests when a "header comment" is probably
> unintentionally declared as a "kernel-doc comment" when it really
> should not be.
>
> Jonathan, would you then prefer to have a separate kernel-doc sanity
> checking script that then allows us to maintain checking for patterns
> we already cleaned up?

Having a warning in kernel-doc for "This comment starts with /** but
isn't a kerneldoc comment" could be useful, I guess. That is the real
problem, not the fact that it appears at the top of the file. I'm all
for tools that help us to clean things up, but let's not add
line-counting hacks to try to paper it over.

Thanks,

jon

  Last update: 2021-03-18 17:39    [W:0.135 / U:0.124 seconds]