SubjectRe: RFC: oftree based setup of composite board devices
On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 3:15 AM Frank Rowand <frowand.list@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/8/21 5:48 PM, Rob Herring wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 4:22 PM Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
> > <info@metux.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello folks,
> >>
> >> here's an RFC for using compiled-in dtb's for initializing board devices
> >> that can't be probed via bus'es or firmware.
>
> I've just been monitoring this thread for several days, hoping that the
> discussion would make things more clear for me.

You beat me up to it. I support your comments.

I have to comment to Enrico and others that under overlays for
ACPI-based platforms I meant SSDT overlays, no DT.

Also I have to point out that we have swnode API for the cases where
we need quirks for either ACPI or DT or whatever (not yet present)
firmware quirks.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

  Last update: 2021-02-15 17:26    [W:0.167 / U:0.352 seconds]