SubjectDMA-buf and uncached system memory
Date
Hi guys,

we are currently working an Freesync and direct scan out from system
memory on AMD APUs in A+A laptops.

On problem we stumbled over is that our display hardware needs to scan
out from uncached system memory and we currently don't have a way to
communicate that through DMA-buf.

For our specific use case at hand we are going to implement something
driver specific, but the question is should we have something more
generic for this?

After all the system memory access pattern is a PCIe extension and as
such something generic.

Regards,
Christian.

  Last update: 2021-02-15 10:00    [W:0.207 / U:0.100 seconds]