SubjectRe: [RFC 01/32] Kconfig: introduce and depend on LEGACY_PCI
Date
On 12/27/21 8:42 AM, Niklas Schnelle wrote:
> Introduce a new LEGACY_PCI Kconfig option which gates support for legacy
> PCI devices including those attached to a PCI-to-PCI Express bridge and
> PCI Express devices using legacy I/O spaces. Note that this is different
> from non PCI uses of I/O ports such as by ACPI.
>
> Add dependencies on LEGACY_PCI for all PCI drivers which only target
> legacy PCI devices and ifdef legacy PCI specific functions in ata
> handling.

This effectively disables all default configurations which now depend
on CONFIG_LEGACY_PCI. Yet, I don't see CONFIG_LEGACY_PCI added to
configuration files which explicitly enable any of the affected
configurations. Is that on purpose ? If so, I think it should at least
be mentioned in the commit description. However, I think it would be
more appropriate to either delete all affected configuration flags from
the affected configuration files, or to add CONFIG_LEGACY_PCI=y to those
files.

Guenter

  Last update: 2021-12-27 18:50    [W:0.661 / U:0.188 seconds]