SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the fscache tree with the asm-generic tree
On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 1:07 AM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the fscache tree got a conflict in:
>
> Documentation/filesystems/caching/fscache.rst
>
> between commits:
>
> d881c06e0890 ("Documentation, arch: Remove leftovers from fscache/cachefiles histograms")
> 5c61c384095a ("Documentation, arch, fs: Remove leftovers from fscache object list")
>
> from the asm-generic tree and commit:
>
> ac1c0f96f4c0 ("fscache: Rewrite documentation")
>
> from the fscache tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just used the latter version) and can carry the fix as
> necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
> non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
> when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
> cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
> particularly complex conflicts.

Hi Alexandre,

There are three conflicts between these two patches and the fscache tree,
which apparently has some of the same changes, plus more.

I would suggest I drop both of the above from the asm-generic tree, and
you rebase them on top of the latest fscache tree so David can pick up
whatever is left from your changes.

Arnd

  Last update: 2021-12-17 09:06    [W:0.039 / U:1.124 seconds]