SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 1/2] asm-generic: rework PCI I/O space access
On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 2:52 PM Niklas Schnelle <schnelle@linux.ibm.com> wrote:
> > The CONFIG_LEGACY_PCI should take care of a lot of it, and I
> > think that can be a single patch. I'd expand the Kconfig description
> > to explain that this also covers PCIe devices that use the legacy
> > I/O space even if they do not have a PCIe-to-PCI bridge in them.
> >
> > The introduction of CONFIG_HAS_IOPORT, plus selecting it from
> > the respective architectures makes sense as another patch, but
> > I would make that separate from the #ifdef and 'depends on'
> > changes to individual subsystems or drivers, as they are
> > better reviewed separately.
>
> Sounds like a plan. How should I mark authorship in the split up
> patches. I definitely still see you as the main author to all of this
> but of course I'll have to do quite a bit of editing and you shouldn't
> get blamed for any mistakes I make. So not sure how to handle Sign-off-
> bys and git's author property.

I don't care much either way. The two options are:

a) leave me as patch author, with my Signed-off-by, and list
in the changelog what you have changed that wasn't in
my version

b) list me as 'Co-developed-by' and have yourself as the patch
author.

Arnd

  Last update: 2021-12-17 15:07    [W:0.118 / U:0.108 seconds]