SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the audit tree with the powerpc tree
On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 4:08 AM Christophe Leroy
<christophe.leroy@csgroup.eu> wrote:
> Thanks Cédric, I've now been able to install debian PPC32 port of DEBIAN
> 11 on QEMU and run the tests.
>
> I followed instructions in file README.md provided in the test suite.
> I also modified tests/Makefile to force MODE := 32
>
> I've got a lot of failures, am I missing some options in the kernel or
> something ?
>
> Running as user root
> with context root:::
> on system

While SELinux is not required for audit, I don't think I've ever run
it on system without SELinux. In theory the audit-testsuite shouldn't
rely on SELinux being present (other than the SELinux specific tests
of course), but I'm not confident enough to say that the test suite
will run without problem without SELinux.

If it isn't too difficult, I would suggest enabling SELinux in your
kernel build and ensuring the necessary userspace, policy, etc. is
installed. You don't need to worry about getting it all running
correctly; the audit-testsuite should pass with SELinux in permissive
mode.

If you're still seeing all these failures after trying that let us know.

> # Test 3 got: "256" (backlog_wait_time_actual_reset/test at line 151)
> # Expected: "0"
> # backlog_wait_time_actual_reset/test line 151 is: ok( $result, 0 );
> # Was an event found?

paul moore
www.paul-moore.com

  Last update: 2021-12-17 00:05    [W:0.115 / U:0.096 seconds]