SubjectRe: + mm-fix-panic-in-__alloc_pages.patch added to -mm tree
On Wed 15-12-21 11:05:12, Michal Hocko wrote:

> > > The patch still seems to be in the mmotm tree. I have sent a different
> > > fix candidate [1] which should be more robust and cover also other potential
> > > places.
> > >
> > > [1] http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20211214100732.26335-1-mhocko@kernel.org
> >
> > Is cool, I'm paying attention.
> >
> > We do want something short and simple for backporting to -stable (like
> > Alexey's patch) so please bear that in mind while preparing an
> > alternative.
>
> I think we want something that fixes the underlying problem. Please keep
> in mind that the pcp allocation is not the only place to hit the issue.
> We have more. I do not want we want to handle each and every one
> separately.
>
> I am definitly not going to push for my solution but if there is a
> consensus this is the right approach then I do not think we really want
> to implement these partial workarounds.

Btw. I forgot to add that if we do not agree on the preallocation
approach then the approach should be something like
http://lkml.kernel.org/r/51c65635-1dae-6ba4-daf9-db9df0ec35d8@redhat.com
proposed by David.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2021-12-15 13:21    [W:0.051 / U:0.040 seconds]