SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the audit tree with the powerpc tree
From
On 12/14/21 20:32, Christophe Leroy wrote:

> Le 14/12/2021 à 19:23, Paul Moore a écrit :
>> On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 12:59 PM Christophe Leroy
>> <christophe.leroy@csgroup.eu> wrote:
>>> Hello Paul,
>>>
>>> I've been trying to setup your test suite on my powerpc board but it's
>>> based on Perl and on a lot of optional Perl packages. I was able to add
>>> them one by one until some of them require some .so libraries
>>> (Pathtools-Cwd), and it seems nothing is made to allow cross building
>>> those libraries.
>>>
>>> Do you have another test suite based on C and not perl ?
>>>
>>> If not, what can I do, do you know how I can cross compile those Perl
>>> packages for PPC32 ?
>>
>> Is there no Linux distribution that supports PPC32? I would think
>> that would be the easiest path forward, but you're the PPC32 expert -
>> not me - so I'll assume you already tried that or it didn't work for
>> other reasons.
>
> There hasn't been Linux distribution supporting PPC32 for a few years
> now. And regardless, the boards I'm running Linux on are home made
> embedded boards, with limited amount of memory and flashdisk space and
> no video chip, so they are hardly supported by any distributions, even
> older ones.

We still have debian. you will find images under :

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2021-04-17/

and from there, you can update to unstable, which runs fine under
a mac99 QEMU machine.

Cheers,

C.

  Last update: 2021-12-14 21:30    [W:3.294 / U:0.088 seconds]