SubjectRE: [patch 21/32] NTB/msi: Convert to msi_on_each_desc()
Date

I haven't thought of IMS at this step. The IR approach applies to
all types of interrupt storages, thus I'm more interested in how it
affect the storages which are already virtualized today (MSI[-X]
in my thought practice).

> All qemu should get is the origin device information and data about
> how the guest wants the interrupt setup.

yes, this is what I concluded in previous mail. The hypercall should
provide those information to the host and then get addr/data pair
back from the host.

> Forget about guests and all of this complexity, design how to make
> VFIO work with IMS in pure userspace like DPDK.
>
> We must have a VFIO ioctl to acquire a addr/data pair and link it to
> an event fd.

No question on it. Still need more thought down this road.

Thanks
Kevin

  Last update: 2021-12-11 08:53    [W:0.182 / U:0.088 seconds]