SubjectRe: [patch 21/32] NTB/msi: Convert to msi_on_each_desc()
On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 07:36:12AM +0000, Tian, Kevin wrote:

> /*
> * The MSIX mappable capability informs that MSIX data of a BAR can be mmapped
> * which allows direct access to non-MSIX registers which happened to be within
> * the same system page.
> *
> * Even though the userspace gets direct access to the MSIX data, the existing
> * VFIO_DEVICE_SET_IRQS interface must still be used for MSIX configuration.

It is this I think we don't want, there should be no hypervisor
involvment on installing the addr/data pair

Guessing by what I saw in PPC there is a hypercall to install a MSI
and the guest never touches the page even though it is
mapped. Presumably there is some IR like thing making this secured

PPC has the same basic problem, I think they have a hypercall to
install a MSI, not a hypercall to provision a generic addr/data pair.

Jason

  Last update: 2021-12-10 13:30    [W:0.168 / U:0.184 seconds]