SubjectRe: [RFC 20/20] ima: Setup securityfs_ns for IMA namespace
From

On 12/1/21 17:01, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Wed, 2021-12-01 at 16:34 -0500, Stefan Berger wrote:

>>> There is one other possible difference: To get the correct
>>> s_user_ns
>> I am currently wondering why I cannot re-create your setup while
>> disabling the remapping...
> OK, I think I figured it out. When I applied your patches, it was on
> top of my existing ones, so I had to massage them a bit.
>
> Your problem is the securityfs inode creation is triggered inside
> create_user_ns, which means it happens *before* ushare writes to the
> proc/self/uid_map file, so the securityfs_inodes are always created on
> an empty mapping and i_write_uid always sets the inode uid to -1.

Right, the initialization of the filesystem is quite early.

> I don't see this because my setup for everything is triggered off the
> first use of the IMA namespace. You'd need to have some type of lazy
> setup of the inodes as well to give unshare time to install the uid/gid
> mappings.

What could trigger that? A callback while mounting - but I am not sure
where to hook into then. What is your mechanisms to trigger as the
'first use of the IMA namespace'? What is 'use' here?

   Stefan

> James

  Last update: 2021-12-01 23:10    [W:0.291 / U:0.208 seconds]