SubjectRe: [patch 21/32] NTB/msi: Convert to msi_on_each_desc()
From

On 12/1/2021 1:25 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>>> Which makes a lot of sense.

>>> Why? What's wrong with using straight MSI-X for all of them?
>> The hardware implementation does not have enough MSIX vectors for
>> guests. There are only 9 MSIX vectors total (8 for queues) and 2048 IMS
>> vectors. So if we are to do MSI-X for all of them, then we need to do
>> the IMS backed MSIX scheme rather than passthrough IMS to guests.
> Confused. Are you talking about passing a full IDXD device to the guest
> or about passing a carved out subdevice, aka. queue?

I'm talking about carving out a subdevice. I had the impression of you
wanting IMS passed through for all variations. But it sounds like for a
sub-device, you are ok with the implementation of MSIX backed by IMS?

> Thanks,
>
> tglx

  Last update: 2021-12-01 22:22    [W:0.119 / U:0.080 seconds]