SubjectRe: [BUG 5/5] [BUG] media: atomisp: atomisp causes touchscreen to stop working on Microsoft Surface 3
Em Mon, 8 Nov 2021 08:55:53 +0100
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro,
>
> On 11/8/21 08:41, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > Em Mon, 8 Nov 2021 00:39:38 +0100
> > Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> escreveu:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> I've run some test on my own surface3 and the problem is the writing
> >> of 0x62 (which becomes just 0x02) to the 0x57 register of the PMIC,
> >> writing 0x00 to that after loading the sensor driver makes things work
> >> again.
> >>
> >> I have not had time to investigate this further.
> >>
> >> I used media-staging + your sensor drivers from:
> >> https://github.com/kitakar5525/surface3-atomisp-cameras.git
> >>
> >> Which was enough to figure this out, but I've not actually gotten
> >> either of the cameras working :| I get:
> >>
> >> [user@fedora nvt]$ ./atomisp-test.sh
> >> p0: OPEN video device `/dev/video2'
> >
> > After the patch that moved the output preview to be the first one,
> > you should probably use /dev/video0 here:
>
> Thanks for the hint, but I've not rebased my tree to those latest couple
> of patches yet, the same tree does work on the T101HA with /dev/video2 :)
>
> I think this may be a module load ordering issue, I believe that the
> sensor drivers need to be loaded before the atomisp driver itself
> and on the T101HA we are hitting this "sweet spot", where as on
> the surface I was loading the not yet merged sensor drivers manually,
> causing them to be loaded later.

Could be. The atomisp driver should be using V4L2 async kAPI, in
order to properly register the sensors as their init code finishes
to register.

Right now, the registration logic inside atomisp waits for the first
sensor to be available. So, everything works fine on devices with
just one sensor, like Asus T101, but devices with multiple sensors
may end having just one of them registered.

Regards,
Mauro

  Last update: 2021-11-08 09:03    [W:0.102 / U:0.128 seconds]