SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Devicetree updates for v5.16
Hi Rob,

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 at 06:57, Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org> wrote:
> Rob Herring (22):
> kbuild: Enable DT schema checks for %.dtb targets

Sorry for replying to a pull request. I couldn't find the original
patch email for this commit to reply.

Anyhow, the above commit makes buildroot unhappy.
I see this when trying to build any of my buildroot environments:
scripts/dtc/Makefile:23: *** dtc needs libyaml for DT schema
validation support. Install the necessary libyaml development
package.. Stop.

I think this is some mess with pkg-config from somewhere (the host
distro, the buildroot host side,..) saying libyaml is available but
when the build actually happens the header it wants isn't actually
where it thinks. I think this is a pre-existing problem with
buildroot.
buildroot takes a list of the dtbs that you want to build and keep in
it's config and calls make with that list in the kernel build. So this
commit causes this issue to trigger when buildroot tries to build the
configured dtbs.

Not sure what the fix is and I think it's probably a buildroot problem.

Cheers,

Daniel

  Last update: 2021-11-08 14:15    [W:1.732 / U:1.264 seconds]