Subject[RFC]Development of the AEST(Arm Error Source Table) driver
Date
Hello,
to all concerned with ACPI (arm64) processing implementation,

We are considering to develop an AEST driver.

Currently, the following has been posted as an RFC patch [1] for the AEST driver.
[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-acpi/1562086280-5351-1-git-send-email-baicar@os.amperecomputing.com/

We sent an email to the developer of this patch to check the current status of the AEST driver.
Unfortunately, there was no response, so we would like to make the necessary feature updates.

We have two questions.

Question 1: About the update features.
Since [1] is implemented based on the ACPI for the Arm8 RAS Extensions 1.0 specification,
we are thinking of updating it based on the latest specification.
Any comments would be appreciated.

 (a) ACPI for the Arm8 RAS Extensions v.1.1[2] support
 (b) Register addition and its dumping process to comply with ARMv8.4 RAS Extensions
 (c) Addition of processing for each missing error type.

[2] https://developer.arm.com/documentation/den0085/latest

Question 2: About the directory to be placed
AEST will be ARM specification.Is there any problem that the directory
to store the main source (aest.c) is under drivers/acpi/arm64/?

If you have any comments, please let me know.

Best regards,
Shuuichirou.

  Last update: 2021-11-05 08:35    [W:0.038 / U:0.568 seconds]