SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] per signal_struct coredumps
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 12:07 PM Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xmission.com> wrote:
>>
>> Please pull the per_signal_struct_coredumps-for-v5.16 branch
>
> I've pulled it, but I'm not convinced about that odd extra merge
> commit that contains the commentary.
>
> That's what signed tags are for, and they have that explanation that
> then makes it into the merge - plus they have the crypto signature to
> show it all comes from you.
>
> So that would have been the much better model than a fake extra merge.
>
> But at least that extra merge did have explanations, so at least it
> doesn't trigger me on _that_ level.

I have been creating those when I place a patchset with an interesting
cover letter in a branch. Now with the entire branch being just that
patchset, it doesn't make a lot of sense (except as somewhere to store
that cover letter so I don't loose it). At other times when there are
multiple sets of changes on a single branch I think it makes more sense.

Am I missing a better way to preserve the cover letter for the
changes when multiple sets of changes land in a single branch?

Eric

  Last update: 2021-11-05 17:38    [W:0.079 / U:0.116 seconds]