SubjectRe: Adding support for audio (WM1811)
On Mon, Nov 01, 2021 at 02:18:45PM +0530, Mighty M wrote:
> I've been trying to add audio support to my device,
> samsung-espresso3g, but cannot seem to wrap my head around it. Other
> devices in mainline are other exynos samsung's (aries/midas/arndale) all of
> which have some drivers in mainline, while mine is an omap. I would like to
> know how would I start adding the support. Here's the downstream driver
> https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android/android_kernel_ti_omap4/blob/3.0/common/sound/soc/omap/espresso.c
> Any help would be appreciated. Audio is very confusing

The downstream driver looks fairly clean to be honest - I'd think you
could get a long way to getting something upstreamable by just fixing it
so it builds and adding basic DT bindings. There's quite a lot of
drivers in tree you could take as examples there, the way devices fit
into the system isn't really device specific so they don't need to be
WM1811 specific bindings so much. Is there any specific thing you were
having difficulty with or was it just general pointers about getting
going?

If you've got questions about WM1811 in particular I'd loop i the Cirrus
people (Cirrus bought Wolfson a while back), hopefully they can provide
some help though that part is very old by now. You should also copy the
ALSA list alsa-devel@alsa-project.org, that'll get more visibility from
audio people.

  Last update: 2021-11-17 15:36    [W:0.111 / U:0.472 seconds]