    Subjectksmbd: Unsupported addition info
    Date
    Hello Namjae et al.

    With the latest ksmbd from the next branch I have an issue with wife's Windows
    10 laptop while copying/removing files from the network share. On her client it
    looks like copy operation (server -> laptop) reaches 99% and then stalls, and
    on the server side there's this in the kernel log:

    ```
    ksmbd: Unsupported addition info: 0xf)
    ksmbd: Unsupported addition info: 0x20)
    ```

    repeated multiple times. I must note that in fact the file gets copied to her
    laptop, but Windows copy dialog just hangs.

    Any idea what it could be and how to avoid it? This also happened before (I'm
    a pretty early ksmbd adopter), but I'm reporting it just now because I naïvely
    hoped it would be fixed automagically :). This never happened to me with
    userspace Samba though.

    This is my smb.conf:

    ```
    [global]
    workgroup = KANAPKA
    server string = ksmbd server %v
    netbios name = defiant
    valid users = __guest

    [Shared]
    valid users = __guest
    path = /mnt/shared
    force user = _shared
    force group = _shared
    browsable = no
    writeable = yes
    veto files = /lost+found/
    ```

    Appreciate your time and looking forward to your response.

    Thanks.

    --
    Oleksandr Natalenko (post-factum)

      Last update: 2021-11-16 22:45    [W:2.886 / U:0.044 seconds]