SubjectRe: Thorsten is tracking regression again and could need a little help (was: Re: Linux 5.15)
From

On 01.11.21 16:27, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2021 at 02:34:21PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>>> Ok, I did that now for a USB bug report, hopefully that worked. If not,
>>> I can forward it on.
>>
>> Got it, but I could need some advice on it if you have a minute.
>>
>> Does that report really look like a regression from your point of view?
>> The part "The code has been this way in the kernel for a very long time,
>> which suggests that it has been working, [...]" sounds like it is, but
>> OTOH it's quite vague.
>
> Later in the thread it was determined that this is a regression that
> showed up in the 3.4 kernel release and the commit id was referenced.

Hah, stupid me, sorry, should have looked closer myself, thx for the
pointer.

>> I'm asking, because with my regression tracking work and regzbot I focus
>> on regressions and ignore things that were always broken, as I (at least
>> for now) don't want it to become yet another bug tracker (and I guess I
>> would quickly drown in bugs as well).
>
> I agree, this shouldn't be a bug tracker, sorry, I shouldn't have
> started this with a report of a really old issue, but it's all I found
> at short notice :)

No worries, I'm glad I get something to test regzbot better :-D

> I've found another report of a regression that is newer for USB and
> bounced it to you as well. Hopefully that is a bit easier to track.

Many thx, much appreciated!

Ciao, Thorsten

  Last update: 2021-11-01 17:20    [W:0.063 / U:0.596 seconds]