    SubjectRe: Thorsten is tracking regression again and could need a little help (was: Re: Linux 5.15)
    From
    On 01.11.21 14:03, Greg KH wrote:
    > On Mon, Nov 01, 2021 at 01:44:01PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

    >>> I'll try it for the USB subsystem this merge cycle.
    >>
    >> That will be a great help, many thx.
    >>
    >>> Do you want a bug
    >>> report email redirected to that address or will a simple forward work
    >>> well enough?
    >>
    >> Redirecting will make it a little easier for me, but a simple forward is
    >> fine, too.
    >
    > Ok, I did that now for a USB bug report, hopefully that worked. If not,
    > I can forward it on.

    Got it, but I could need some advice on it if you have a minute.

    Does that report really look like a regression from your point of view?
    The part "The code has been this way in the kernel for a very long time,
    which suggests that it has been working, [...]" sounds like it is, but
    OTOH it's quite vague.

    I'm asking, because with my regression tracking work and regzbot I focus
    on regressions and ignore things that were always broken, as I (at least
    for now) don't want it to become yet another bug tracker (and I guess I
    would quickly drown in bugs as well).

    But if you think this case looks like a regression, I'll add it. Guess I
    just need to be creative then how to tell regzbot when it got
    introduced. Guess I'll settle on v2.6.13..v5.15", that should indicate
    there is something strange here. It's a use-case I hadn't expected. But
    well, that's why I wanted to something for testing. :-D

    Ciao, Thorsten

      Last update: 2021-11-01 14:35    [W:2.409 / U:0.376 seconds]