SubjectRe: [RFC 10/20] iommu/iommufd: Add IOMMU_DEVICE_GET_INFO
On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 02:07:46AM +0000, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

IMHO if the wbinvd is just a thought experiment then userspace should
directly control the wbinvd enable and present the iommufd as 'proof'
to enable it.

The thought experiment tells us that iommufd should have a wbinvd
ioctl, even if we don't implement it today. So access to iommufd is
also access to wbinvd.

iommufd should control/report via intel sepecific areas if the IOS is
no-snoop blocking or not so userspace can decide what it wants to do.

Jason

  Last update: 2021-10-29 15:56    [W:0.165 / U:0.044 seconds]