    SubjectRe: [tracing/selftests] cfece71411: kernel-selftests.ftrace.event_trigger_-_test_inter-event_histogram_trigger_onchange_action.fail
    On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 21:00:56 +0900
    Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@kernel.org> wrote:

    > > # # of passed: 85
    > > # # of failed: 26
    > > # # of unresolved: 1
    > > # # of untested: 0
    > > # # of unsupported: 0
    > > # # of xfailed: 1
    > > # # of undefined(test bug): 0
    > > not ok 1 selftests: ftrace: ftracetest # exit=1
    >
    > Also, please configure your running environment correctly so that all
    > ftracetest passes. If you unsure how to do, please ask me.

    Although I think it's good to test with different configurations, where not
    all tests pass. Because then there's times when a test will fail when it
    should have been ignored, and that will let us know that there's a bug in
    the test.

    Or, different configurations might make a test fail that should have
    passed, where a missing dependency was made.

    I had someone report a bug that I never caught because it only happened
    when something was configured off, and because I tested with everything on,
    I never hit that bug.

    -- Steve

      Last update: 2021-10-29 15:11    [W:2.235 / U:0.132 seconds]