SubjectRe: Unsubscription Incident
Hi,
On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 4:10 PM Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 10:53:28AM -0500, Lijun Pan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > From Oct 11, I did not receive any emails from both linux-kernel and
> > netdev mailing list. Did anyone encounter the same issue? I subscribed
> > again and I can receive incoming emails now. However, I figured out
> > that anyone can unsubscribe your email without authentication. Maybe
> > it is just a one-time issue that someone accidentally unsubscribed my
> > email. But I would recommend that our admin can add one more
> > authentication step before unsubscription to make the process more
> > secure.
> >

> Same here.
>
> Fortunately I just switched to lei:
> https://josefbacik.github.io/kernel/2021/10/18/lei-and-b4.html
> so I can unsubscribe all kernel mailing lists now.

Not a bad workaround! I may consider trying this out. Thanks for
sending this along.

I'd still love to figure out why the whole "randomly unsubscribing
people who want to be subscribed" thing is happening in the first
place, though.

> Thanks.

Cheers,
-slade

  Last update: 2021-10-27 02:03    [W:0.093 / U:0.632 seconds]