SubjectRe: BMI160 accelerometer on AyaNeo tablet
On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 8:33 PM Jonathan Cameron <jic23@kernel.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 12:58:53 +0300
> Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 11:42 PM Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > If you like to, I can probably volunteer to prepare a patch for this myself next
> > > weekend, using this pointer as a reference.
>
> Hmm. This isn't part of the ACPI spec but seems to be a microsoft addition.
> The webpage google feeds me says this is windows 10 mobile specific...
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/sensors/sensors-acpi-entries

So, it means it is at least a standard de facto on Windows machines.
We have to support it whether we want it or not. Same happened with
USB (wired) devices and many other things (SPCR, DBG2, CSRT, ...).

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

  Last update: 2021-10-20 22:04    [W:0.398 / U:0.388 seconds]