SubjectRe: Old platforms: bring out your dead
On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 1:06 AM Daniel Tang <dt.tangr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Arnd,
>
> On 9 Jan 2021, at 9:55 am, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@kernel.org> wrote:
>
> * nspire -- added in 2013, no notable changes after 2015
>

> I believe this is still in active use. I’ve CC’d Fabian into this thread who’s
> probably in a better position to respond to this.

Ok, moving it to the "keep around for now list" as well, to be on the
safe side. Would either of you already have a guess for how long it makes
sense to update kernels on it?

I see that this is one of the more limited platforms with just 32MB
of RAM (64MB in case of CX), and kernels only get more bloated over
time, so I expect at some point you will be stuck with running old
software.

Wikipedia tells me that new models came out recently. Are you
planning to add support for those as well?

Arnd

  Last update: 2021-01-09 23:22    [W:0.636 / U:0.572 seconds]