    SubjectRe: [v2] Old platforms: bring out your dead
    Date
    Arnd,

    Arnd Bergmann <arnd@kernel.org> writes:

    > For these I received no reply yet. Again, these will stay for the moment
    > unless I get a reply, but if anyone has more information, please reply
    > here to document the status (adding a few more people to Cc):
    >
    > * cns3xxx -- added in 2010, last fixed in 2019, probably no users left

    The following is what I sent to you a week ago. I don't say whether
    CNS3xxx support should stay or not, of course.

    Subject: Re: cns3xxx PCIe domain support

    Arnd Bergmann <arnd@kernel.org> writes:

    > For the cns3xxx case, I wonder if anyone actually cares. If
    > there are still users, the treewide change would make it trivial
    > to set it up right, while backporting would be harder. I noticed
    > that openwrt removed cns3xxx support in August with the
    > explanation that the platform is not used much anymore,
    > and I suspect that any users outside of openwrt stopped updating
    > their kernels long ago.

    I'm still using CNS3xxx-based Gateworks' boards (Laguna), with some
    custom patch set, but the last kernels are over 2 years old. I have some
    plan to update, but the probability it will happen very soon is rather
    low. I guess I will test and, if needed, fix it when the time comes.

    I'm not using them with OpenWrt, though.
    They are basically a platform for (the old, parallel, not express)
    mini-PCI cards and similar stuff. Nothing connected to the Internet etc.

    --
    Krzysztof Halasa

    Sieć Badawcza Łukasiewicz
    Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarów PIAP
    Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warszawa

      Last update: 2021-01-13 20:12    [W:2.631 / U:0.184 seconds]