SubjectRe: Old platforms: bring out your dead
Hi Linus,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 4:20 AM Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 3:45 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
> <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> That said there are a three things that people should really be doing if they
> want to keep their pet archs/subarchs around as good community
> members, and they are in essence to:

> 2. Migrate existing drivers to newly appeared and
> appropriate subsystems (I think there are some hacky heartbeat LED
> drivers down in arch/* for example) there is also the feature matrix
> core maintainers like and which appears if you type
> Documentation/features/list-arch.sh <archname>
> would be nice if you work on them if you can support them!
> Or at least take a look.

The choir is listening ;-)

For Amiga, that would require writing a real GPIO driver (modifying
gpio-mmio?) for the CIAs, and converting its users (amiflop, amijoy,
amimouse, parport_amiga, amiserial, and dmasound_paula) from direct CIA
register access to GPIO access (mctrl_gpio for amiserial)).
Note that the heartbeat LED is shared by heartbeat and audio.

An interim solution might be to just write a simple gpio driver for the
single CIA pin driving the heartbeat LED, allowing the user to set up
ledtrig-heartbeat.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds

  Last update: 2021-01-13 09:19    [W:1.413 / U:0.008 seconds]