SubjectRe: Old platforms: bring out your dead
On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 12:12 AM Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

> > Then there are ARM platforms that are old but have still seen some work
> > in the past years. If I hear nothing, these will all stay, but if maintainers
> > may want to drop them anyway, I can help with that:
>
> Hi Arnd
>
> I notice orion5x is not on this list. Is that because of Debian still
> building for it?

No, it was a mistake on my end, it should have been in the
second list of platforms that are fairly old but still updated
and possibly have users.

> I just blew the dust out of my orion5x RDK and booted 5.11-rc2 on it.
> orion5x_defconfig needs a few updates, but otherwise it seems to work
> O.K.
>
> But i have no idea if there are any real users out there running
> modern kernels.

For this platform, I'm most interested in whether there are still users
that rely on board files instead of DT. AFAIU we could just fold
the DT variant into arch-mvebu like kirkwood was, right?

Arnd

  Last update: 2021-01-10 09:47    [W:1.129 / U:0.280 seconds]