    SubjectRe: CFS flat runqueue proposal fixes/update
    On Fri, 2020-08-07 at 16:14 +0200, Dietmar Eggemann wrote:
    > On 31/07/2020 09:42, Rik van Riel wrote:
    > > Possible solution
    > I imagine that I can see what you want to achieve here ;-)
    >
    > But it's hard since your v5 RFC
    > https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20190906191237.27006-1-riel@surriel.com is
    > pretty old by now.

    The v5 patches also do not implement this new idea, and
    still suffer from the corner cases that Paul Turner
    pointed out last year.

    > Do you have a version of the patch-set against tip/sched/core? Quite
    > lot has changed (runnable load avg replaced by runnable avg, rq->load
    > is
    > gone, CFS load balance rework).

    Not yet. We got a baby this spring, so I've been busy
    with things like milk and diapers, instead of with
    code.

    I wanted to get this proposal out before Plumbers, so
    we could at least talk about it, and maybe find flaws
    with this idea before I spend weeks/months implementing it :)

    > IMHO it would be extremely helpful to have a current patch-set to
    > discuss how these other problems can be covered by patches on top.

    Agreed. I hope to get some time to work on that, but
    no guarantees about getting it ready before Plumbers :)

    --
    All Rights Reversed.

      Last update: 2020-08-07 21:43    [W:3.952 / U:0.028 seconds]