SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] thermal for v5.9-rc1
Hi, Linus,

ssh://git@gitolite.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/thermal/linux.git
> > tags/thermal-v5.9-rc1
>
> This was all rebased just an hour before you sent it to me.
>
> Why?

There must be something wrong here, Daniel and I are following a strict
process to make sure that we don't lose any history.

For this PR, I'm not quite sure what happened, he probably did
something by mistake when generating it.

thanks,
rui

> Maybe it's how you commonly work, and I just haven't noticed before,
> but it's wrong for all the reasons I've stated about a million times
> now.
>
> What makes it so hard for people to understand? What makes that "you
> sent me a completely untested pull request and that's not ok" so
> difficult a concept to get?
>
> And dammit, if you do it and have a good reason to do this despite
> literally *decades* of me telling people not to do that, and why it's
> wrong, then you can spend the five minutes *explaining* why you do
> something that is widely documented to be bad.
>
> These commits sure as hell weren't in linux-next either.
>
> Linus

  Last update: 2020-08-04 08:33    [W:0.036 / U:3.072 seconds]