SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] sound updates for 5.9
Hi John,
Thanks for reporting this.

On 08/08/2020 01:23, John Stultz wrote:
> q6routing remoteproc-adsp:glink-edge:apr:apr-service@8:routing: ASoC:
> error at soc_component_read_no_lock on
> remoteproc-adsp:glink-edge:apr:: -5

This is an -EIO error which is reported when the ASoC component driver
does not have both regmap and read callback and someone is trying to
read a register!

In q6routing case all the dapm widgets reuse reg field in
snd_soc_dapm_widget to store offset information or routing table indexs
or some DSP related id and so on... These are not real registers.

I think the core is trying to read the state of these widgets during
startup, Which will fail in qdsp6 case as we do not have any regmap or
read callback associated with this ASoC component.

Previously we never had chance to see these messages so we did not
implement any dummy read callback.

Adding a dummy callback to q6routing and q6afe-dai ASoC component will
fix this issue at-least in Qualcomm case!

thanks,
srini

  Last update: 2020-08-10 19:07    [W:0.080 / U:0.328 seconds]