SubjectLinux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections -- voting procedures
Date
On behalf of the Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board (TAB), I'd
like to announce the voting procedures for the 2020 TAB elections.
The pool of eligible voters will consist of the following:

1) All attendees of the Linux Plumbers conference (i.e. kernel summit)

2) Anyone who is not a kernel summit attendee will also be eligible to
vote if the following criteria are met:
-- There exists three kernel commits in a mainline or stable released
kernel that
--- Have a commit date in the year 2019 or 2020
--- Contain an e-mail address in one of the following tags or merged
tags (e.g. Reviewed-and-tested-by)
---- Signed-off-by
---- Tested-by
---- Reported-by
---- Reviewed-by
---- Acked-by

We will be using the electronic voting method that we used in 2019. All
Linux Plumbers Attendees will automatically receive a ballot. Anyone
who is otherwise eligible to vote should e-mail
tab-elections@lists.linuxfoundation.org to request a ballot. The deadline
for requesting a ballot is August 17, 00:00 UTC (one week before
Linux Plumbers)

For those who would like to know the thought process behind this:

Last year, we successfully used electronic voting for the TAB
elections. Given the circumstances of this year, we have no other
reasonable option for voting. While we could continue to limit voting to
kernel summit attendees, one of the goals of moving away from in person
voting was to potentially expand the voter pool. Since kernel summit is
not being held in person this year, it makes sense to expand the voting
pool at the same time.

We will be sending a call for nominations and announcements about
when voting will start at a later date.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the tab at
tab@lists.linuxfoundation.org

  Last update: 2020-07-27 23:32    [W:0.074 / U:0.864 seconds]