SubjectRe: add file system helpers that take kernel pointers for the init code v3
On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 05:21:13PM +0100, Al Viro wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 05:52:04PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> > > I see nothing objectionable here.
> > >
> > > The only bikeshed comment I have is that I think the "for_init.c" name
> > > is ugly and pointless - I think you could just call it "fs/init.c" and
> > > it's both simpler and more straightforward. It _is_ init code, it's
> > > not "for" init.
> >
> > That was Al's suggestion. I personally don't care, so if between the
> > two of you, you can come up with a preferred choice I'll switch to it.
>
> I can live with either variant; the only problem with fs/init.c is that
> such name would imply the init code _of_ VFS, rather than VFS helpers for
> init.
>
> Anyway, the series looks generally sane; if no other objections are raised,
> I'm adding it to vfs.git#for-next

Thanks!

Note that this is based on top of my init-user-pointers branch, so you'll
need to pull that in as.

Btw, care to take a look at

http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/kernel_readwrite

it has been in linux-next for 2 1/2 weeks, and the only interesting
thing found was that btrfs didn't wire up iter_splice_write, which has
already been fixed in mainline.

  Last update: 2020-07-26 18:24    [W:0.090 / U:0.120 seconds]