SubjectRe: decruft the early init / initrd / initramfs code v2
On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 12:34:45PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 12:06 PM Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> wrote:
> >
> > this series starts to move the early init code away from requiring
> > KERNEL_DS to be implicitly set during early startup. It does so by
> > first removing legacy unused cruft, and the switches away the code
> > from struct file based APIs to our more usual in-kernel APIs.
>
> Looks good to me, with the added note on the utimes cruft too as a
> further cleanup (separate patch).
>
> So you can add my acked-by.
>
> I _would_ like the md parts to get a few more acks. I see the one from
> Song Liu, anybody else in md land willing to go through those patches?
> They were the bulk of it, and the least obvious to me because I don't
> know that code at all?

Song is the maintainer. Neil is the only person I could think of
that also knows the old md code pretty well. Guoqing has contributed
a lot lately, but the code touched here is rather historic (and not
used very much at all these days as people use modular md and initramfѕ
based detection).

  Last update: 2020-07-15 08:53    [W:0.287 / U:0.360 seconds]