SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Backlight for v5.8
On Thu, 04 Jun 2020, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 2:04 AM Lee Jones <lee.jones@linaro.org> wrote:
> >
> > - Convert to GPIO descriptors; l4f00242t03
>
> I'm impressed by that completely nonsensical device naming scheme.
>
> I had to look it up because I thought that line might have been line noise.
>
> I know some manufacturers and tech people have "issues" with naming,
> but I thought it was mainly just DRAM chip manufacturers that used the
> output from /dev/urandom to generate names.

What can I say, there is no accounting for taste.

To be fair, I've seen quite a few panels/LCDs with long, seemingly
meaningless model numbers. Many times they have information encoded
within them. Hopefully they mean something to someone anyway!

> Ass a few special characters, and it would make for an excellent password.

Yes, indeed. :)

--
Lee Jones [李琼斯]
Linaro Services Technical Lead

  Last update: 2020-06-04 22:20    [W:0.044 / U:0.080 seconds]